La Méridionale has been concerned about preserving the environment for many years. It participated in preparing the French Vessel Operators’ Blue Charter, is involved in protecting cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises) and strives to minimize its fuel consumption.
In 2009, La Méridionale has taken a new step - the granting by DNV of ISO 14001 certification for the implementation of its Environment Management System.
Read a summary of the company's environmental policy here :
La Méridionale already involved in sustainable development, decided to implement an environment management system.
In order to have as little impact on the environment as possible and to limit its dependence on fossil fuels,
La Méridionale commits to:
- Reduce its consumption of fossil fuels (silicon hull paints, reduction of ships’ speeds…)
- Prevent pollution and reduce the impact of waste of all kinds (Bilan Carbone® in France – similar to Carbon Trust in the UK, optimizing engine tuning…)
- Sorting and re-using waste
- Reduce consumption of ink, paper and fuel
- Reduce the consumption of utility vehicles
- Participating in the protection of marine mammals in the Pelagos sanctuary
- More rational consumption of products used. In our restaurants, products (red tuna…) where over-consumption would have a negative impact on ecological balance are not served.
- Carefully monitor technological developments and alternative energies.
Our subcontractors are associated with these concerns for the environment.